Exciting food to thrill the tastebuds, without adding to those Christmas pounds.
- 4 slices of parma ham or similar
- 4 leaves of basil
- 4x120g pieces of monkfish fillet
- 1 courgette (diced)
- pinch of curry powder
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- for the tomato confit:
- 4 plum tomatoes (blanched, refreshed and skin removed)
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch sugar
- olive oil
- black pepper
- Season tomatoes with olive oil chopped thyme, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Place on a tray with baking paper on it, put in oven at 100c approx for 3-4 hours or until the tomatoes have reduced by 1/2 in size and look like a wrinkly prune.
- For the Basil Emulsion:
- Bunch of basil, pinch of sugar, salt and pepper.
- Blanch basil in salted water, place in blender with a little boiled and cooled water, seasoned with salt and sugar.
- For the Monkfish:
- To prepare monkfish season with black pepper.
- Lay a leaf of basil on each fillet, wrap in parma ham in a hot pan with a little olive oil.
- Sear monkfish, add a little butter, thyme and garlic, basting fish with foaming butter.
- Remove and allow to rest for a couple of minutes.
More by Thomas Haughton:
- Chicken Caesar Salad: Oldie, Good Foodie
- Free Range Pot Roast Chicken with Crisp Chicken Skin Crackling, Thyme Roast Potatoes and Glazed Veg
- Bacon and Potato Cake with Cabbage Purée and Caper Mayonnaise