A great recipe to use with bottled fruit.
- 300 g white bread crumb
- 3 tblsp golden syrup
- pinch bread soda
- 3 large eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 kg bottles plums
- 25 g unsalted butter
- Grease a pie bowl. Drain the bottled plums and place half in the pie dish, moisten with a little syrup.
- Cover with half the bread crumb and next a second layer of the remaining plums, again cover with the rest of the bread crumb.
- Beat the eggs lightly add the soda and salt.
- Melt the golden syrup and butter in a pot until 'runny' and combine the egg mixture with the butter mix.
- Pour over the plums and breadcrumb and bake at 170 Celsius for 30 minutes.
- Serve with warm custard.
More by David McCann:
- Venison Burgers with Red Pepper and Onion Salsa
- Coeliac Christmas Trifle
- Medallions of Venison, Roast Root Vegetables and Blackcurrant Sauce