- 4-6 each peeled apples
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 150 g caster sugar
- 150 g butter
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Peel and quarter all the apples.
- Pour the sugar into a hot pan and heat until all the sugar has caramelized and become golden brown.
- Add the cinnamon stick and butter and stir until smooth.
- Quickly add the apple and turn continuously for 5 minutes.
- Add the brandy and flambé.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set a little of the juice to one side. Rearrange the apples neatly in the pan and cover with the sheet of puff pastry, tucking it in around the edges.
- Brush the top of the pastry well with egg yolk and place in the oven at 180 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- To serve reheat the liquid you set aside and add a little of the cream to it, this will make a butter scotch sauce.
- Whip the remaining cream with a little sugar and serve on the side.
- When the tart is cooked place a plate on top of the pan and quickly turn out, be careful not to spill the hot liquid.
- Place the tart on the table along with a jug of butterscotch and a bowl of whipped cream.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say