Make a hearty, comforting soup.
- 3 large leeks (washed, trimmed and sliced into 1" pieces)
- 3 large potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 50 g butter
- 2 tblsp oatmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp white pepper
- 1 tblsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 tblsp cream
- In a large saucepan, bring the milk and butter to the boil over moderate heat.
- When the butter has melted, stir in the oatmeal and cook the mixture, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Stir in the leeks, potatoes, salt and pepper and cover the pan.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the parsley, increase the heat and bring the soup to the boil.
- Put the cream into the bottom of a warmed soup tureen (or divide between 4 soup bowls) pour in the soup, and serve at once.