Tasty bread snacks to compliment soup.
- 225 g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fast action dried yeast
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 150 ml warm water
- 6 pieces sun-dried tomatoes (drained and chopped)
- 1 tblsp milk
- 2 tsp poppy seeds (or 1 teaspoon poppy seeds and 1 teaspoon sesame seeds)
- Put the flour, salt and yeast in your food processor, and turn it on low.
- Add the honey and olive oil and slowly pour in the water until the dough comes away from the sides.
- You may not need all the water.
- Whiz for another minute, then turn out the dough onto a lightly floured board and knead for about 3 minutes.
- Knead in the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and roll the dough into a ball.
- Put it into a lightly oiled bowl, cover and leave to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C/Gas 2).
- Divide the dough into 16 portions and roll each portion with your fingers into a 28 x 1cm/11 x half inch long stick.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet and arrange the sticks on it.
- Put in a warm place and leave it to rise again for 15 minutes.
- Brush the sticks with milk to glaze and sprinkle over the poppy seeds - you can even use half poppy seeds and half sesame seeds for a bit of variation.
- Put into the oven for about 30 minutes, remove and let cool on a wire rack.