A French sauce, perfect for game and meat dishes.
- 275 ml sauce espagnole
- 150 g raw, chopped mushrooms
- 1 tblsp butter
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped shallot
- 3 tblsp brandy
- 4 tblsp white wine
- 2 tblsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp chopped tarragon
- Fry the mushrooms in the butter and oil until light brown.
- Add the chopped shallot, brandy and wine.
- Bring to the boil and add the sauce and tomato puree.
- Boil for a few minutes, then add the parsley and tarragon to finish.