A tangy, nutty salad.
- 1 small head chinese leaves
- 1 orange
- 50 g walnut halves
- 50 g raisins
- 75 ml single cream
- 1 tblsp walnut oil
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tblsp apple juice
- 100 g cottage cheese
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh or quarter teaspoon dried rosemary
- Wash and drain the Chinese leaves and cut into very thin strips.
- Peel the orange, remove the pith and pips and separate into segments.
- Reserve 4 segments for the garnish and chop the rest.
- Reserve 4 walnut halves and coarsely chop the remainder.
- Place the Chinese leaves, chopped orange, chopped nuts and the raisins in a salad bowl.
- Beat together the cream, oil, lemon juice and apple juice.
- Pour over the salad and toss lightly.
- Carefully stir in the cottage cheese and rosemary.
- Garnish the salad with the reserved orange segments and walnut halves.