A dish which is just as tasty hot or cold, making it perfect party food for your guests to nibble on.
- 225 g ready-made shortcrust pastry
- 175 g cashel blue cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- Roll out the pastry on a floured board.
- Crumble the cheese evenly over it and roll into the pastry.
- Turn it over and roll again.
- Cut the cheese and pastry mixture into strips, brush with beaten egg yolk and bake for 10 minutes in a fairly hot oven – 200°C (400°F/Gas 6) until golden brown.
- You can serve these hot or cold.