Great for spreading on toast as a tasty snack.
- 225 g mushrooms (finely chopped, stalks and all)
- 50 g onion, finely chopped
- 25 g butter
- 75 g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 60 ml hot water
- juice of quarter lemon
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 7 g dried yeast
- pinch ground nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and sauté the onion until transparent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Soak the breadcrumbs in the hot water for half a minute then add to the pan with the lemon juice and garlic.
- Cook over a low heat until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove and beat in the remaining ingredients.
- Check the seasoning to taste.
- Spoon into ramekin dishes, cover and refrigerate until required.