A delicious combination of pâté cooked with pastry.
- 100 g butter
- 450 g chicken livers
- 150 ml cream
- 225 g frozen puff pastry (defrosted)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 6 rashers streaky bacon
- 2 cloves garlic
- pinch dried mixed herbs
- a little salt and black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and fry the onions until soft.
- Trim any excess fat or gristle from the livers and add them to the pan with the bacon, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Fry gently for five minutes or so, stirring all the time.
- Add the cream.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, roll out the pastry in a rectangle.
- Put the pate mixture in a food processor and liquidise it.
- Place in the middle of the pastry, and brush the edges with beaten egg.
- Wrap the pate in the pastry and brush all over with beaten egg.
- Cook in a preheated oven, 230°C (450°F/Gas 8) for about 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool before slicing and serving.