Make a delicious pâté in a flash.
- 25 g onion (chopped)
- 50 g butter
- 2 streaky bacon rashers (chopped)
- 100 g chicken livers
- 1 clove garlic (crushed, if you don’t like too garlicky a flavour, make it 1/2 a clove)
- nutmeg and pepper to season
- 2 tblsp brandy or sherry
- 2 tblsp cream
- Sauté the onion and rashers in the butter for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the livers, turn the heat up a bit, and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the livers have stiffened a bit but are still pink on the inside.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, allow to bubble for a minute or two, then remove from the heat and tip into a blender.
- Whiz it up until smooth, scrape into a small bowl, cover and refrigerate.