Make a turkey salad with an unusual twist.
- 250 ml crème fraiche
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tblsp finely grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tblsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- pinch of sugar
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 orange
- 1 apple
- 2 spring onions
- 200 g cooked sliced turkey breast
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 100 g stoned fresh dates
- Mix the crème fraiche, egg yolk, cheese and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Peel the orange and remove the pith.
- Divide into segments, cutting the skin away from each segment, and retaining as much of the juice as possible.
- Add the orange segments and juice to the dressing.
- Wash, quarter and core the apple.
- Dice the quarters, and stir immediately into the dressing.
- Trim the spring onions and thinly slice the white and pale green parts.
- Cut the turkey breast into strips.
- Reserve the tender green feathery leaves of the fennel for the garnish.
- Wash the bulbs, and cut into thin strips.
- Cut the dates in half.
- Stir the fennel, onions, dates and turkey into the dressing.
- Leave stand for 15 minutes then serve garnished with the fennel leaves.