A simple vinaigrette.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 level teaspoon sea salt
- 1 level teaspoon granulated sugar
- 20-30 grinds of the pepper mill
- 1 tsp made mustard
- 1 tblsp balsamic, red wine or cider vinegar
- 4 tblsp olive oil
- Two choices of method here.
- Either put all these ingredients in a screw top jar, put the lid on tightly and shake the living daylights out of them, or put them into a blender and whiz them up until you obtain a smooth emulsion.
- Taste the dressing, and add more vinegar if you want it sharper.