A tasty lunch salad.
- 250 g borlotti beans
- 1lt water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bouquet garni
- 250 g spaghetti
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250 g red skin onions
- 250 g salami (thinly sliced)
- 125 ml red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 125 ml olive oil
- 2 tblsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Soak the borlotti beans overnight in the cold water.
- Transfer the beans and the soaking water to a large pan.
- Add the bay leaf and bouguet garni, bring to the boil and simmer for about 30 minutes until tender.
- Drain and discard the bay leaf and bouquet garni.
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Drain, rinse briefly under cold water and drain again.
- Peel the onions, cut in half lengthways, then thinly slice crossways.
- Cut the salami into thin strips.
- Place the beans, spaghetti, onions and salami in a salad bowl.
- Beat together the vinegar, paprika and oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes, then stir in the parsley.