A hearty and tasty meal perfect for vegetarians.
- 2 aubergines (cut into 5cm/2in chunks)
- 2 courgettes (cut into 5cm/2in chunks)
- 1 red pepper (cored, de-seeded and cut lengthways into 6 pieces)
- 1 yellow pepper (cored, de-seeded and cut lengthways into 6 pieces)
- 1 fennel head (cut into 6 wedges)
- 3 red onions (cut into 6 wedges each)
- 4 tblsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2-3 dashes tabasco sauce
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 500 g couscous
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- salt and pepper
- Put the aubergines, courgettes, red and yellow peppers, fennel and red onions into a roasting tin.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, the Tabasco sauce and pepper.
- Stir all the ingredients and then roast for about 35 minutes in a preheated oven, 240°C (475°F/Gas 9), until the vegetables are charred and tender.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock to the boil in a saucepan.
- Add the couscous, stir, then cover the pan and remove from the heat.
- Leave this to stand until all of the stock has been absorbed.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, add the diced onion and fry until tender and golden, adding the remaining crushed garlic near the end.
- Stir the onion mixture into the couscous and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pile the roast vegetables on top of the couscous and serve straight away.