Make delicious corn fritters.
- 275 g tinned sweetcorn (well drained)
- 4 eggs
- 55 g plain flour
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 450 ml vegetable oil (for frying)
- Put the flour, eggs and salt into a large mixing bowl, and mix well until a batter-like consistency has formed.
- Add the corn and mix well.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oil to a medium-high heat in a frying pan (there should be enough oil in the pan to cover the fritter.)
- Using a large metal spoon, divide the mixture into 2 tablespoon-sized fritters, until you have 10, and the mixture is used up.
- Cook as many as will fit in your pan without overcrowding them, and fry until golden brown on the underside (about 5 minutes), then flip them over and do the same to the other side.
- Drain on absorbent kitchen paper, and serve.