Delicious potato and cheese filled fritters.
- fritter batter
- 375 g potatoes (weighed after cooking)
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 2 tblsp cream
- salt and pepper for seasoning and a pinch of cayenne.
- 40 g grated cheese (parmesan if possible)
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- a pinch of curry powder
- Mash the potatoes, keeping hot.
- Beat the egg yolks and add to the cream.
- Mix in the potato, cheese and seasoning.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, and fold in.
- Form the mixture in oval shapes, coat with flour and then batter, drop into the deep, hot oil and fry until golden.