A spicy chicken dish.
- 2 cans red kidney beans (400g each)
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 450 g finely chopped or minced raw chicken
- 2 small onions (finely chopped)
- 2-3 small hot red chillies (seeded and finely shredded)
- 1 large tomato (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 bay leaf (torn into pieces)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tblsp chopped coriander for garnish
- 175 g sour cream
- Rinse the kidney beans in cold water and drain.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan over moderate heat, add the chicken, onions and chillies, and cook only until the chicken meat becomes opaque.
- Add the tomato, garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through.
- Add the beans, and stir over moderate heat until warmed through.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and, if you want to do as the Mexicans, serve with a separate bowl of sour cream!