An unusual and tasty salad recipe.
- 100 g puy lentils
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbs of honey
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 black pudding
- 1 orange
- olive oil
- 2 shallots
- sherry vinegar
- 1 quails egg per person
- 1 frisee lettuce
- 1 rasher of smoked bacon
- Finely chop the red onion and saute gently in a frying pan. Crush the garlic and add this for one minute before add the lentils and cover them with boiling water. Chop the bacon and add this and then season with some black pepper and a little salt. Allow to simmer.
- Bring the quails' eggs to the boil from cold water and leave for two minutes before removing. Quickly crack the shells.
- Slice the black pudding and fry in butter in a pan for a couple of minutes on each side.
- Make the vinaigrette by combining two parts olive oil with two parts sherry vinegar, 1 tbs of honey, the shallots finely diced as well as the chopped parsley. Seaspn with black pepper and sea-salt.
- Drain the lentils and add a little grated orange peel zest. and then incorporate the vinaigrette to taste. Adjust the seasoning if required.
- Arrange a little chopped frisee lettuce, spoon some of the lentil mixture on top: garnish with the quail's egg cut in half and slices of hot black pudding.
More by Eamonn Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes