A wonderful dish perfect to keep you warm during the cold evenings.
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 250 g braising beef (cut into 3cm chunks)
- 250 g pork (cut into 3cm chunks)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 2 tblsp tomato puree
- 1 tblsp ocoa powder
- 1 red chilli (chopped and de-seeded)
- 1 tblsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chopped oregano leaves
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 225 ml chicken stock
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 200 g can red kidney beans (drained)
- 2 tblsp roughly chopped coriander
- boiled rice
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the beef and pork until browned
- Add the onion, garlic and tomato paste and cook for about 2 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the coca, chopped chilli, chilli powder, salt, cumin and oregano and mix thoroughly.
- Add the pepper, chicken stock and chopped tomatoes, and cook on a low heat for 1 hour. Tip in the kidney beans, cook for a further 2 minutes, and season to taste.
- To Serve
- Garnished with chopped coriander and accompanied with boiled rice.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Saturday Brunch: Crêpes Suzette with Strawberries
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just Add Milk!
- Strawberry and Banana Iced Lolly Pops