A beautiful leek and ginger sauce that will compliment any fish dish.
- olive oil
- 5-6 leeks
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger
- salt and pepper
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 fillets of hake
- Wash the leeks thoroughly, trim and slice the whites thinly.
- Peel the ginger and chop it all finely.
- Then heat the oil in a pan and fry both the leeks and ginger together for around 5 minutes without browning.
- After this time when the leeks have melted, stir in all the lemon juice and its zest and season with sea-salt and fresh black pepper.
- Grill or fry the cod and serve with this sauce. (it will go equally well with many other fish).
More by Eamonn Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes