A wonderful dish sure to impress guests when entertaining.
- 100 g wagyu beef
- 20 g grated parmesan
- teaspoon dijon mustard
- for the mousse
- teaspoon mustard
- 1 glove garlic
- 2 egg yolks
- pinch of salt and pepper
- pinch of sugar
- tsp white wine
- 150 ml olive oil
- 100 g parmesan
- 50 ml boiling water
- 3 sheets of gelatine (soaked in cold water)
- 150 ml whipped cream
- for the tempura batter
- 100 g plain flour
- 100 ml rice beer (tiger beer)
- 100 g corn flour
- 25 g egg white
- Brush piece of beef with mustard, roll in Parmesan and seasoning.
- Roll in cling film and place in freezer to firm. Remove and slice very thinly with sharp knife or on slicing machine.
- For the mousse, place yolks, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper in blender. Blitz until fine, then emulsify with oil and add boiling water. With remaining boiling water melt gelatine and add to mix. Then add Parmesan and blitz again.
- Pass through a sieve and allow setting. Fold in whipped cream and place in fridge for 2 hours until set.
- Finally combine all batter ingredients, add one slice of very thin onion.
- Coat onion in batter and deep fry quickly.
- Finish dish with little balsamic dressing, sprinkle with sea salt and olive oil.
More by Thomas Haughton:
- Chicken Caesar Salad: Oldie, Good Foodie
- Free Range Pot Roast Chicken with Crisp Chicken Skin Crackling, Thyme Roast Potatoes and Glazed Veg
- Bacon and Potato Cake with Cabbage Purée and Caper Mayonnaise