A simple to make healthy and tasty soup.
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 medium leeks
- 4 potatoes
- crème fraiche
- water or chicken stck or vegetable stock
- Begin by melting about 25g of the butter in a pan and soften the chopped onion in it; At the same time, heat the stock or water.
- Leave the onion for about 10 minutes and then when golden, add the leeks which have been trimmed, washed and chopped.
- Leave these to soften for around another five minutes then add all the potatoes which too, have been choppped.
- When this is done add enough of the liquid, water or stock to cover all these vegetables and season with a little salt.
- Bring to the boil and then leave to simmer for around 20 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Now blend the soup in a food processor or other blending implement.
- To Serve
- You could serve this with a little crème fraiche garnished with chervil or just simply by itself. A pinch of nutmeg will also enhance this classic soup.
More by Eamon Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes