A quick and tasty soup.
- 1 kg courgettes
- 1 l chicken stock
- 4 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- olive oil
- flat leaf parsley
- salt, pepper
- crème fraiche
- 1 wedge of quality parmesan cheese.
- Clean the courgettes and chop roughly.
- Heat some oil in a pan and gently cook the garlic cloves, crushed.
- When they begin to colour add the courgettes and the chopped basil.
- Allow to colour, and then add the chicken stock to cover.
- Leave to simmer until the courgettes are fully cooked.
- Blend the soup in a processor and then reheat in your pot. When ready to serve, grate some parmesan, add the flat-leaf parsley roughly chopped and a pinch of nutmeg. Check seasoning and adjust.
- To Serve
- When serving, ladle into a bowl, add a little more cheese, a small dollop of crème fraiche and a twist of black pepper.
More by Eamonn Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes