A simple dish that can be prepared in minutes.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 small tin black pitted olives
- 1 red onion
- 1 shallot
- 1 tin anchovies
- 1 bunch of basil
- 1 hadnful of parsley
- 1 tin flageolet beans (or dried)
- 1 bunch of chives
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 head of garlic
- olive oil
- salt, black pepper
- 4 lamb chops (shoulder or cutlets; two per person if small)
- sprigs of rosemary
- Place the chops in a large bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and crushed garlic and leave to infuse, turning often.
- Chop the tomatoes, olives, anchovies, shallot, and red onion to a small dice and mix well with olive oil.
- Finely chop the chives and add these to the mixture, then do the same for the basil and parsley.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary but allow for the natural saltiness of the olives and anchovies.
- Crush several cloves of garlic and fry gently in some olive oil; add the beans to this and mix well. Season.
- Wet with a little chicken or vegetable stock if desired.
- Grill or fry the chops until medium pink; add the spinach to the bean mixture, stir in until it wilts, then spoon out onto a serving plate.
- To Serve
- Arrange the chops on top of this and spoon the salsa mixture on top.