Boiled banana's coated in fresh coconut.
- 4 lady finger bananas (sliced each into four pieces on the slant)
- 6 tblsp plain flour
- 2 tblsp cornflour
- caster sugar (enough to sweeten batter, about 2 tablespoons, or to your taste)
- 1 coconut (halved, flesh removed and finely grated)
- 100 g palm sugar
- Start by boiling some off the palm sugar 50g with a very small amount of water, until it turns to a syrup, set aside.
- In a bowl whisk the two flours with the sugar and adding enough water to make a smooth paste.
- With a boiling pot of water, coat the bananas in the batter, best to do this in two batches.
- Using a set of tongs lower half the battered bananas into the boiling water, and allow about 5 minutes at a rolling boil.
- Removing with the tongs place on kitchen paper to absorb excess water, and then thoroughly coat the banana in the grated coconut, again using the tongs is the easiest way.
- Arrange on a plate or some banana leaf, add some crushed palm sugar over each one, and drizzle the syrup over or around the plate.