This glazed pork is served with a tasty aubergine puree.
- 2 pork steaks
- pinch smoked paprika
- 1 aubergine
- 4 semi sun-dried tomatoes
- dash tabasco
- 4 sliced shiitake mushrooms
- dash ofolive oil
- 1 sprig of coriander
- 3 sliced scallions
- pumpkin and apple chutney
- selection of washed salad leaves
- 100 ml white wine and olive oil for dressing.
- Cut the aubergine in half, length ways, score and season. Drizzle with olive oil and place in a hot oven until soft, remove and allow to cool.
- Season the trimmed pork fillets with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Colour on all sides and place in an oven at 200°C for 10-12 minutes, remove and glaze with the chutney and allow to rest.
- Heat a little olive oil, slice the mushrooms and fry in the oil, add the scallions and chopped tomato, remove from the heat and add the chopped coriander, season with the Tabasco.
- Scrape the pulp from the aubergines and add to the mushroom mix, correct seasoning.
- Warm some more chutney in a sauce pan add a little wine vinegar and olive to make a dressing for the salad leaves.
- Place the aubergine on the plate, slice the pork and arrange on the plate, next the dressed leaves and drizzle the remaining dressing around the plate.
More by David McCann:
- Venison Burgers with Red Pepper and Onion Salsa
- Coeliac Christmas Trifle
- Medallions of Venison, Roast Root Vegetables and Blackcurrant Sauce