A delicious way to start the day!
- 125 g plain flour
- 60 g wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 100 g rolled oats
- 140 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml low-fat yogurt
- 125 ml grapeseed oil
- 1 pear (peeled, cored and diced)
- 40 g chopped pecan nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (Gas 4/350°F).
- Line muffin tin with greasproof paper or muffin cases.
- Sift flours, baking powder and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Add brown sugar and stir together, make a well in the centre.
- Whisk together eggs, yogurt and oil in separate bowl.
- Pur into the well in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the pieces of pear, be careful not to overmix.
- Spoon into the muffin cases.
- To make the crumble topping, mix the pecans with the remaining brown sugar.
- Sprinkle onto the top of the muffins and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.