A fresh and fabulous healthy salad dish.
- 6 heads of endives (chicory)
- 2 apples
- 100 g walnuts
- 80 g roquefort
- small bunch of parsley
- red wine vinegar
- balsamic vinegar
- dijon mustard
- olive oil
- walnut oil
- salt, pepper
- small bottle of pastis, preferably ricard
- Wash the endives, separate the leaves and chop them finely.
- Chop the walnuts roughly then the parsley. Crumble the Roquefort into small bite-sized pieces.
- Wash, peel and dice the apples. Place one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and quickly sauté them until coloured, then flame them in one or two tablespoons of Ricard.
- Put one tablespoon of each vinegar in a salad bowl; add the salt and pepper. Now add a good dollop of mustard and mix it in well with a fork.
- Now add two tablespoons each of the two oils.
- Add the various ingredients and mix well.
- To Serve
- Arrange attractively on a plate, sprinkle the parsley over the top and finally add the hot cooked apples from the pan with any liquid.
More by Eamon Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes