This dessert is ideal for dinner parties, it can be made months in advance and kept in the freezer!
- 5 large egg yolks
- 150 g caster sugar
- 300 ml cream
- 250 g raspberries (frozen)
- 200 g white chocolate
- 1 measure irish mist
- Place egg yolks and sugar into heatproof bowl and whisk over a pot of hot water until eggs thicken and become pale and creamy.
- Put raspberries and Irish Mist into a pot and allow raspberries to defrost over a low heat.
- When they have softened, sieve the fruit to remove the seeds.
- Fold the raspberry puree into egg mixture.
- Then fold in half of the melted white chocolate.
- Whip the cream to soft peak stage and mix into the raspberry mixture.
- Freeze in a loaf tin that is lined with cling film or else use individual moulds.
- When filling the mixture, spoon half of the mixture into the tin, then drizzle with white chocolate.
Louise's tips: This dessert can be made up to 3 months in advance and once it is well wrapped, will keep very well in the freezer. Parfaits are perfect for dinner parties as they do not contain gluten and are very easy to digest. Unused Egg whites can be put into a clean screw top jar and kept in the fridge, or put into plastic containers and put into the freezer. Make sure to label the amount of egg white you are storing!
More by Louise Lennox:
- Saturday Brunch: American Style Pancakes
- Hot Cross Buns time
- Something for the weekend: Irish Breakfast Scones