This jam is simple and satisfying to make.
- 1kg raspberries
- 1kg caster sugar
- Use castor sugar for more delicate fruits like raspberries, the sugar melts quicker and fruit remains whole.
- Place the sugar and raspberries into an oven proof bowl and place in a moderate oven for 15 minutes.
- Pour the sugar and fruit into a pot and slowly bring to the boil, stirring slowly until it reaches setting point, pot and cover in the usual way.
More by David McCann:
- Venison Burgers with Red Pepper and Onion Salsa
- Coeliac Christmas Trifle
- Medallions of Venison, Roast Root Vegetables and Blackcurrant Sauce