A creamy ristotto enhanced with the sweet flavour of butternut squash.
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped shallots
- 2 cup arborio rice
- 100 g diced butternut squash
- 200 ml dry white wine
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- pinch of salt
- 100 g butter (cut into bits)
- 50 g freshly crumbed goat cheese
- freshly ground pepper
- Sauté onions and shallots in butternut squash olive oil until golden.
- Add rice and stir, to coat with oil.
- Add wine, half a cup of heated vegetable stock and salt. Stir well.
- Continue to add stock in, stirring constantly until rice mixture is creamy and "al dente".
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the butter and half of the cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, top with additional cheese.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Indulgent Chocolate Fondants: Kevin Dundon, Today
- Roasted Lamb Noisette, warmed tomato, pale ale
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon