Make an enticing apricot jam.
- 400 g dried apricots
- 1.5 l water
- 1 kg sugar
- 1 grapefruit or 2 lemons
- Boil the water, place the apricots in a large bowl and cover with the boiled water.
- Leave to soak over night. The apricots will become soft and swollen.
- The next day simmer the fruit and water in a large pot until tender; add the juice of the grapefruit or lemons and then the warmed sugar.
- Stir until sugar has melted, turn up the heat and boil until temperature reaches setting point... Pot, seal and cover.
More by David McCann:
- Venison Burgers with Red Pepper and Onion Salsa
- Coeliac Christmas Trifle
- Medallions of Venison, Roast Root Vegetables and Blackcurrant Sauce