A delicious apple, pear and plum jam.
- 350 g each of apples (cookers), pears, plums
- 250 ml water
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1.5 kg sugar
- Quarter all the fruit, remove the core of the apples and pears and any brown marks. Remove the stones from the plums.
- Place all the prepared fruit into a large pot with the water, Cook gently until all the fruit is soft.
- Pass the fruit through a sieve. In a large pot add the warm sugar to the pulped fruit. Stir over heat until sugar has melted add the zest and juice of the lemon and the spice in a small muslin bag.
- Bring to the boil and boil until setting point is reached. Pot and cover.
More by David McCann:
- Venison Burgers with Red Pepper and Onion Salsa
- Coeliac Christmas Trifle
- Medallions of Venison, Roast Root Vegetables and Blackcurrant Sauce