A tangy spread to compliment many dishes.
- 500 g cranberries
- 500 g sugar
- 450 ml water
- Put the fruit and water into a pot, bring to the boil and simmer until all the fruit is soft or burst.
- Sieve or pass the pulp and return to the pot and continue to cook or dry out, then add the warmed sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Cook the cheese slowly and carefully until very thick. The mix can now be turned out into an oiled mould and sealed in wax paper.
More by David McCann:
- Venison Burgers with Red Pepper and Onion Salsa
- Coeliac Christmas Trifle
- Medallions of Venison, Roast Root Vegetables and Blackcurrant Sauce