Fantastic Christmas dessert
- 125 g butter (room temperature)
- 125 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 135 g self-raising flour
- 500 g mixed berries (frozen)
- 150 g caster sugar
- 2 leaves of Gelatine
- 300 ml juice (from the cooked berries)
- sweet sherry to taste
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and beat until smooth. Then transfer into an 10” cake tin and bake for 20-30 minutes at 175C
- Cool on wire tray. If preferred you can use a shop bought Madeira cake.
- Place the berries and sugar in a heat-proof bowl, cover with cling film and place over a pot of simmering water.
- Remove after 30 minutes and strain through muslin (use can also use a clean cotton or linen tea towel).Don’t squeeze the cloth as this will make the jelly cloudy. Allow the juice to cool slightly until it is warm to the touch.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water, after a few minutes the leaves will become soft, then squeeze off the excess water. Add the gelatine to the juice liquid.
More by Louise Lennox:
- Valentine's Day Choc Fudge Lollies: Louise Lennox
- American Style Pancakes: P'Cake Tues Countdown
- Almond and Chocolate Hungarian Torte