A tasty desert perfect for entertaining guests.
- 3.5 cup flour
- 1.75 cup white sugar
- 1 cup pecans(chopped)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 0.75 cup butter (softened)
- 0.5 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tblsp coffee liqueur
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 1 lemon zest
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine the baking powder, cocoa powder, flour, salt, butter and about half the sugar. Stir until smooth.
- Now add the coffee liqueur, lemon zest and beaten eggs while stirring.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped almonds. Stir well.
- Sprinkle the rest of the white sugar over a rolling board.
- Divide the batter in half and roll into a foot-long log.
- Place the logs on a greased baking tray.
- Place in an oven preheated to 350°F and bake for 30 minutes.
- Lift out of the oven and cut into thick slices. Bake the slices again for another 10 minutes before serving.
- Biscotti should be stored in an airtight container to preserve taste and texture.