Wow all with this fancy Christmas starter.
- 100 g very fresh salmon (skin and brown meat removed)
- 1 shallot (finely diced)
- 1 tsp capers (chopped)
- 1 tblsp chopped chive, chervil and flat parsley
- 1/4 lemon zested (not juice)
- pinch cayenne pepper
- olive oil
- 1 egg yolk (pasteurised)
- 1 tsp egg white (pasteurised)
- To garnish:
- 4 boiled quail eggs, approx 2.5 mins in boiling water.
- Little frisee and herb salad and baguette sliced wafter thin, cooked in oven with a little olive oil. Should be crisp.
- To make the Tartare:
- Finely dice the salmon, place in bowl and dice shallot, capers, herbs and lemon zest (not juice, this will start to cook the salmon).
- Egg olive oil and seasoning mixed together (should have a loose soft texture).
- Check seasoning and add a little more if required.
More by Thomas Haughton:
- Chicken Caesar Salad: Oldie, Good Foodie
- Free Range Pot Roast Chicken with Crisp Chicken Skin Crackling, Thyme Roast Potatoes and Glazed Veg
- Bacon and Potato Cake with Cabbage Purée and Caper Mayonnaise