A delicious and fancy salmon starter.
- 4 pieces of salmon (20g each)
- 1/2 small celeriac shredded or crated (peeled)
- tbsp dijon mustard
- juice 1/2 lemon
- pinch sugar
- 2 tblsp flat parsley and chives
- tbsp capers
- salt and pepper
- 3 large tbsp mayonnaise
- Shred or grate your peeled celeriac, chop capers, herbs etc. In a bowl place the celeriac, then add 1/2 you lemon juice, chopped capers & sugar. Leave to marinade for a couple of mins.
- Then add the mayo & seasoning, it should have a little shapness if not add a little more lemon, check for seasoning. Finish with finely chopped herbs with a little olive oil.
- In a hot pan sear the smoked salmon for a minute or two each side depending on size.
- Place a little remoulade on plate with warm smoked salmon and enjoy!
- To assemble:
- Place tartar in shot glass with quail egg on top, frisee and croute.
- Cut 2 nice pieces of sushi, stacked on top of each other, with a little wasabi mayo.
- Then put a small amount of remoulade on a plate and sit salmon on top.
- Hey presto your Assiette is complete.
Thomas' tip: Remoulade is great with all kinds of cured and cold meats, cured and smoked fish.
More by Thomas Haughton:
- Free Range Pot Roast Chicken with Crisp Chicken Skin Crackling, Thyme Roast Potatoes and Glazed Veg
- Bacon and Potato Cake with Cabbage Purée and Caper Mayonnaise
- Bacon and Confit Onion Ballotine with Gribiche Sauce and Potato Dumpling