Perfect for Christmas dinner leftovers!
- shredded white and dark meat from the leftover turkey
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp of 'colombo' paste
- 100 g fromage blanc
- 200 l coconut milk
- salt, pepper
- little olive oil
- colombo paste ingredients
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tps turmeric
- 1 tps ground coriander
- 1 tbs mustard powder
- Shred or cube the meat from the leftover turkey: thinly slice the onions and the garlic. Peel and dice the tomatoes.
- Make the colombo paste by crushing the garlic and chopping and mashing the chilli: then combine this with the other ingredients.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and gently brown the cold turkey: add the colombo paste and allow to cook for a further two minutes. Then add the sliced onion and garlic and allow to colour too.
- Add the tomatoes to this mixture followed by the coconut milk. Allow to simmer for five minutes, then stir in the fromage blanc and remove from the heat. Serve with rice.
More by Eamonn Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes