This recipe is perfect for Christmas leftovers
- 1 leftover panettone (preferably one day old)
- 2 eggs
- small glass of milk
- 1 tblsp of cream
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tblsp of honey
- 1 knob of unsalted butter
- slices of pancetta or rashers of smoked bacon
- small punnet of blueberries
- cracked black pepper
- Whisk together the eggs with the milk and cream. Season with pepper and cinnamon.
- Slice the panettone and dip into this mixture coating well. Fry the pancetta and remove from the pan.
- In another pan, melt the butter then fry the slices of panettone on both sides until golden brown.
- Place on a plate, arrange the pancetta or bacon on top, scatter a few blueberries around and drizzle with a little honey.
More by Eamon Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes