Prepare this lovely dish which can be eaten alone or as part of a meal.
- 300 g haricot beans
- 200 g lean bacon
- 1 spanish sausage
- 1 onion
- olive oil
- small glass of muscatel wine
- small shot of pastis
- 1 glass of wine
- 1 sprig of mint
- bay leaves
- salt, black pepper and sugar
- First soak and then cook the beans until tender.
- In a casserole, heat a little olive oil and add the onion chopped finely and half the bacon. When the bacon begins to colour, add all the sliced sausage, then the beans. Stir well, and then add the white wine, the herbs and the rest of the bacon.
- Season this with the a little sugar, the black pepper and salt to taste and leave to cook.
- When ready to serve add the pastis and muscatel over a high heat, remove after 1 minute and enjoy.
More by Eamonn Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes