A tasty Spanish meatballs dish.
- 1 large onion
- 1 green pepper
- olive oil
- 400 g minced beef or steak
- 200 g minced pork
- salt, pepper
- chopped parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tin of plum tomatoes
- dried oregano
- 100 g flaked almonds
- Chop both the pepper and the onion finely and cook them until soft over a low heat in a tablespoon of olive oil, then leave to cool.
- In a large bowl mix this with the meats, the parsley, breadcrumbs, salt, nutmeg and parsley. Then fashion this mixture into small meatballs and cook them all over in some hot oil for about 5 minutes and then leave to rest.
- Chop up the garlic and cook it in oil over a low heat for a few minutes. Add the tomatoes and their juice and break these up with a wooden spoon. Sprinkle with oregano and adjust the seasoning. Add the meatballs with this and leave them to simmer in the sauce for around 20 minutes.
- Transfer to plates and sprinkle with toasted flaked almonds.
More by Eamon Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes