Try making this delicious tasting dish!
- rilette of duck:
- 4 legs of duck
- duck fat
- freshly chopped parsley
- 4 slices of parma ham
- truffle scented chips:
- 3 medium sized potatoes
- 1 tsp truffle oil
- pinch rock salt
- ½ teaspoon of freshly chopped thyme
- Rilette of Duck:
- In a large roasting tray place 4 legs of duck.
- Cover with duck fat.
- Roast at 150 degrees for 1 ½ hours until the meat falls off the bone.
- Allow the meat to cool down and then shred it into thin pieces.
- Put the duck meat into a large bowl and stir in some freshly chopped parsley and 3 dessertspoons of melted duck fat which will help to bind the meat together.
- Meanwhile take a sheet of cling film and line it with 4 slices of Parma ham (Two side by side). Place the duck meat all down the centre of the ham and roll it up tightly using the cling film to tightly secure this roulade.
- Place in the fridge and allow to set for one hour.
- Slice and when you are ready to serve pop back in the oven for 3-4 minutes to heat it slightly or indeed serve it at room temperature.
- The Truffle Scented Chips:
- Using a very sharp knife or a chef’s mandolin slice the potatoes very thinly.
- Heat a deep fat fryer to 180°C. Deep fry the potatoes until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and drizzle with the truffle oil, rock salt and chopped thyme.
- Serve as desired with a spoon of game jus.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Indulgent Chocolate Fondants: Kevin Dundon, Today
- Roasted Lamb Noisette, warmed tomato, pale ale
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon