A real winter warmer.
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 50 g butter
- 2 large white onions (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 250 g button mushrooms (sliced)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 kg fillet steak (sliced into strips)
- 150 ml double cream
- 1 tblsp dijon
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 2 tblsp chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil and butter and sauté the onions until just starting to brown.
- Add the mushrooms and season well.
- Remove from the pan, turn up the heat and then fry the fillet steak until starting to brown.
- Season, add a bit more butter if necessary, then add the mushrooms and onions, and remaining ingredients.
- Serve straight away with mashed potatoes or rice.
- Served with Spiced Roast Potatoes
- Allow 2 medium potatoes per person
- Flour for dusting, Sunflower oil, Curry powder and Salt and pepper.
- Peel the potatoes and cook in boiling water until tender. Drain and slice into thick slices.
- Dust lightly with flour and then carefully shallow fry in sunflower oil until golden and crispy.
- Add salt, pepper and a teaspoon of curry powder and carefully transfer to an oven and continue cooking for 15 minutes at 180C until golden brown and fully cooked.
- Remove and drain on kitchen paper and serve, seasoning with slat and pepper.
More by Domini Kemp:
- Rhubarb Clafoutis: Domini Kemp, Today show
- Fish Goujons the Domini Kemp way on Today
- Domini Kemp's Irish Stew