Satisfy your sweet tooth with these slimmed-down bakes!
- 2 oz unsalted butter
- 2 oz sunflower oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 oz light muscovada sugar
- 6 oz porridge oats
- 2 oz brazil nuts (chopped)
- 2 oz dried apricots (chopped)
- 2 oz dried blueberries (or any dried fruit of preference)
- 1 oz sunflower seeds
- 1 oz flaxseed and goji berries
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Line a shallow baking tin with baking parchment
- Put butter and sugar and sunflower oil into a medium heavy saucepan over a low heat and whisk until the butter has melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in all the dry ingredients.
- Whisk egg in a small bowl with vanilla extract and add to other ingredients.
- Spread evenly into the prepared tin and using a knife.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Leave until completely cold before removing from the tin.
More by Louise Lennox:
- Hot Cross Buns time
- Something for the weekend: Irish Breakfast Scones
- Valentine's Day Choc Fudge Lollies: Louise Lennox