- 100 ml crisp dry white wine
- 1.50 tblsp lemon zest
- 100 g sugar
- 2 - 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 350 ml whipping cream
- 450 g fresh ripe blackberries
- Place the wine and lemon zest in a glass or ceramic bowl, and leave to infuse for at least one hour.
- Strain off the zest, and whisk the sugar in to the wine. Add the lemon juice and the cream, and whisk until the mix is soft peak.
- Do not continue to whisk past this stage, or it might split. Pour the mix into glasses, and chill in the fridge for about one to two hours. (If you leave it much longer it does start to separate).
- To Serve:
- Sprinkle the berries over the syllabub and serve with biscuits.