- 4 free range egg whites
- 200 g sugar
- 200 g dark chocolate (good quality at least 70% cocoa solids)
- 55 ml water
- 570 ml cream
- for the sauce:
- 100 g white chocolate
- 100 g dark chocolate
- Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC/Gas 7.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until they are thick.
- Then add the sugar gradually and continue to whisk until it is thick and glossy.
- Smooth the meringue mixture into small circles on greaseproof paper and cook in the oven for 1-2½ hours until very crisp and leave to cool.
- For the sauce, put the chocolate and water in a bowl and melt over a pot of simmering water.
- Whip the cream until thick and gently fold into the cooled chocolate.
- Place a little of this mixture on top of one of the meringues and put another meringue on top, put some more chocolate cream on this and refrigerate the meringues.
- When ready to serve, melt the dark and white chocolate separately over a pot of simmering water and place in small ramekins.
- Put a meringue on each serving dish and 2 ramekins of white and dark chocolate alongside and serve immediately.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say