- 225 g plain flour (sieved)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 110 g cranberries
- 1 bramley apple (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 50 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 110 g butter
- 150 ml sour cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (Gas 4).
- Lightly grease a muffin pan or line with paper cases - the mixture will make 8-10 muffins.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and spices.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mixture.
- Add the cranberries, apples and sugar.
- Pour in the eggs, butter and sour cream.
- Lightly mix the wet ingredients, then quickly stir in the flour mixture.
- Do not over mix - it does not matter if there are some floury patches.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pans.
- Bake the muffins for 15-20minutes, until well risen, browned and springy to the touch. When cooked, wrap in a tea towel and allow to cool.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say