- 2 lobsters
- 4 fillets sea bass
- 30 g butter
- 1 tblsp vegetable oil
- 1 star anise
- 150 ml white wine
- 75 ml cream
- 750 g mange toutes
- salt and black pepper
- First place the lobster in a pot boiling water and cook for about 4 minutes until it is pink.
- Remove from the pot and leave to cool.
- Remove the head of the lobster, keeping all the juices for the sauce.
- Slice the lobster tail down the centre and remove the meat in the tail.
- Then crack open the claws and remove the meat inside.
- Place the lobster on a tray, place a little butter on top and grill gently until warm.
- Next make the sauce for the lobster.
- Place the juices from the lobster in a sauce pan.
- Add the star anise and the wine and cream.
- Bring to just under the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the sauce and keep warm.
- Trim the manges toutes and blanch in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes until tender, but still crisp.
- When ready to serve, pan-fry the sea bass in the oil.
- Turn over and plate up immediately on some manges toutes.
- Place some lobster meat alongside on the plate.
- Whisk the lobster stock until it gets frothy and dab the sea bass and lobster with a little of the sauce and froth.
- Serve immediately.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say